The International Builders Show in Las Vegas never disappoints with over 900 exhibits attended by 60,000 builders. Here are the trends as presented and a couple of my thoughts on them.
1. Scaling it down. Clients are asking for smaller homes that are highly detailed “jewel boxes”.
2. Outdoor living spaces. Kitchens and patios with furniture that appears to be suitable for indoors. Hard to tell where the outdoors starts when the doors are open.
3. White kitchen cabinets. White cabinets taking the place of stained. We have not seen this – I think the jury is still out on this one for Arizona.
4. Pet provisions. Pets are becoming an important part of people lives and design accommodations are being made for them. Dog bathing areas are not unusual; we just finished a home with a super ventilation system for 3 cats.
5. Carrara kitchens. Carrara marble in light colors on mega islands suitable for cooking and socializing. It’s also finding its way into bathrooms. We are not seeing this one.
6. Multi-generational living. Homes suitable for homeowner’s parents and children. Casitas and dual master suites.
7. Elevators. Baby boomers aren’t interested in climbing stairs as they age.
8. Fancy Ceilings. Barrel vaults, beams & coffers. The focus isn’t on the floors anymore.
Casas del Oso Luxury Homes is a Design-Build in Scottsdale with 30 years experience recognized as a Master of the Southwest by Phoenix Homes & Garden Magazine. Known for their fanatical emphasis on design & construction. From the home, pool, & landscaping every detail is handled with care. “Easy, fun and more than I imagined” is how clients describe their experience.